Portlaoise E.T.N.S. Board of Management Agreed Report
Date of meeting: 10th of December 2019
- Our new Board of Management for the 2019-2023 term consists of the following;
Sinead Ahern (Principal)
David Smullen (Chairperson) (Patron Nominee 1)
Liang Feng (Patron Nominee 2)
Steph McGinn (Community Nominee 1)
Siobhan Ryan (Community Nominee 2)
Norayr Nagapetyan (Parent Nominee Male)
Jane Heffernan (Parent Nominee Female)
Padraic Burke (Teacher Nominee)
- The new board members were welcomed and then spent some time exploring Governance rules and procedures.
- The need for confidentiality and adherence to the school’s policies and procedures was discussed. This was reinforced for parent nominees, who were asked to direct any parents who may approach them to the schools’ communications policy and Complaints Procedure. Correspondence with the Board should be through the Chairperson, rather than individual members of the Board.
- Board members will attend training with Educate Together in the coming weeks.
- Finance Unit of the Department of Education Skills (DES) confirmed receipt of Annual Financial Statement submitted by L.V. Hogan and Company on behalf of P.E.T.N.S.
- The boards’ obligations under the Charities Act 2009 was discussed. The school is currently in the process of registering with the Charities Regulator.