Booklist for 5th Class 2021/2022
Parents must purchase all of the items below.
Operation Maths Discovery Book 5th Class EDCO
Folens Revised Spellings and Tables Book(Children should already own these from 4th Class)
Stationery: NOTE: Please provide your child with 2 sets of the following: 1 set for school, 1 set for home.
Each child will need a pencil case containing the following items for school. They will require another set to be kept at home.
- Child friendly scissors-www.schoolbooksdirect.ie
- Sharp Primary Calculator –www.schoolbooksdirect.ie
- Staedtler Maths / Geometry Set 10 piece set-www.schoolbooksdirect.ie
- 3 A4 button plastic wallet–labelled-www.schoolbooksdirect.ie
- 1 A3+ Mesh Storage Wallet – Extra Durable-www.schoolbooksdirect.ie
- Stainless Steel Flexible Ruler 12″ / 30cm–labelled-www.schoolbooksdirect.ie
- 1 packet of coloured Twistables
- 3 pencils
- 1 eraser
- 1 sharpener
- 2 large glue sticks
- 1 Folder with 60 polly pockets (book Type)-labelled
- 1 Clipboard
Parents/Guardians are required to buy the items for the pencil case. Please put your child’s name on all coats, hats, scarves and belongings.
Pupil Insurance € 5.00
Membership of Educate Together €15.00
Book Rental Scheme €20.00
*Book Rental deposit €10.00
Art & Resource Materials €12.00
Total Cost €85.00 or
(if book rental deposit has not been paid already) €75.00
*If not already in the scheme
Due to Covid 19 we are not in a position to confirm if swimming or school tours will take place in the coming school year 2021/22, we will update parents/guardians in due course. As such these fees have not been added to the school costs and will only become available if these activities proceed.
- Online through your family account link in your Aladdin Connect App, which will be sent by text and email. (Please note this link lasts for 30 days from the time it is sent and will be re-sent throughout the school year).
- If paying by cheque please make all cheques payable to Portlaoise Educate Together N.S.
- Card payments can be made through the school office over the phone.
- Due to Covid 19 we would ask that school costs be paid by card or online where possible.
If you have difficulty paying the monies due, please contact the school office immediately to arrange an instalment plan. Any costs paid in instalments (as agreed with the school), will go towards the school costs in order, as listed as per booklist.